Hello out there in Fulton and beyond! We’re gearing up to reveal the Virtual Dutch Days 2020 webpage on Saturday, May 9. All content will be available on the library’s website (http://schmaling.lib.il.us) on Saturday morning and we’ll be sprinkling our Facebook page with content throughout the day, so you can choose to experience the Virtual Festival all at once on the website or bit by bit on our Facebook page. The Virtual Dutch Days page will be available on the website and the posts on our Facebook page for the foreseeable future, so, if you can’t make it on Saturday, don’t worry…the festival will still be there waiting for you later on.
In the meantime, WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!! Here is a list of things you can help us out with (helpful tip: you can email us with your smart phone just by typing firstname.lastname@example.org into the “To” box in your text messaging app):
1) Decorate your windows, yards, sidewalks, etc. with a Dutch theme!
2) Antique vehicle owners, please email (email@example.com) photos of your antique vehicles for our Virtual Dutch Days Antique Vehicle Show. Please submit photos by 7pm Thursday, May 7.
3) Kids, build a miniature float and have your parents email a picture of your float to the library (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can include it in the Virtual Dutch Days Parade. Please submit all photos by 7pm Thursday, May 7. WE DON’T HAVE MANY FLOATS YET AND I KNOW THERE ARE TONS OF CREATIVE KIDS OUT THERE WHO COULD MAKE SOME REALLY AWESOME FLOATS!
4) Tractor owners, email us photos of your tractors for our Virtual Dutch Days Tractor Show! Email photos to email@example.com by 7pm Thursday, May 7. In the body of the email, please include the owner’s name (if they’d like to be acknowledged) and the make and model of the tractor.
5) We need models for our Virtual Dutch Days Fashion Show. Dutch costume owners, don your costumes and take a selfie, or send us a picture of you or your family member in Dutch costume from Dutch Days past! Let’s see if we can get all the provinces and different costumes represented! Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7pm on Friday, May 8.