Want to join our wonderful library team? Now is your opportunity to apply to become a Schmaling library aide! This position is part-time (6-9 hours per week) with a mixture of daytime and evening weekday hours to be determined and a spot in the Saturday rotation. Additional hours may be added to the schedule on an as-needed basis. We are looking for someone to start in November. Application deadline is November 13. Apply online: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLScwEgqZY…/viewform….
Salary: $11.00 per hour to start; $12.00 per hour beginning January 2022
Description: Schmaling Memorial Public Library District is seeking a responsible and friendly individual to become part of Schmaling’s staff. We’re looking for a library aide who will be ready to interact with, assist, and direct patrons while working the circulation desk. This person will be working with patrons of all ages. Additional duties also include: shelving materials, assisting with library programs, processing library materials, creating book displays, and posting relevant information on the library’s social media pages and website. Interested parties may fill out an application online: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLScwEgqZY…/viewform… or pick up an application at the library. Application deadline is November 13.
• Working the Circulation Desk, including checking materials in and out, renewing materials, searching the online catalog and library catalog for materials, placing holds, answering incoming calls, registering patrons, issuing library cards, collecting fines, faxing, and photocopying.
• Assisting patrons in the use of the library and its equipment• Processing interlibrary loan deliveries
• Processing new materials
• Assisting with planning and execution of library programs
• Posting to the library’s social media pages and website
• Additional duties as requiredEducation Requirements:
• High School Diploma/Equivalency RequiredSkills/Physical
• Excellent people and customer-service skills with people of all ages, ethnicities, backgrounds, etc.
• Ability to alphabetize and sort in numerical order. A simple sorting test will be administered prior to hiring.
• Must have a basic understanding of library organization.
• Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must respect patron confidentiality and follow library policies.
• Ability to navigate and search the internet.
• Ability to assist patrons with navigating and searching the internet.
• Ability to identify high profile authors and their genres very strongly encouraged.
• Ability to communicate library policies to patrons in a diplomatic manner.
• Must be able to stand, reach, bend, stoop, and lift 25-50 pounds.
• Must have experience using Microsoft Word, internet, Facebook, and email systems.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel, Publisher, and Power Point encouraged.
• Library experience strongly encouraged.