For our complete policy concerning this issue, please read here.
If you reside or own property within in our service area (Fulton city limits), you are eligible to receive a library card free of charge, as part of your tax-supported library service.
Your library card allows you to:
- Borrow books from our local library, all PALS member libraries, as well as most other public libraries in Illinois.
- Use special online collections to find magazine articles and information you can’t get just by searching the web.
- Request materials from other PALS libraries through Interlibrary Loan (a free delivery service)
To get a library card:
- Complete a Patron Registration Card. *Registration for patrons 13 yrs. and under requires signature of parent/guardian.
- Present a photo ID containing your current address. * If your ID does NOT supply your current address, please provide an additional form of ID verifying your current address (a piece of mail, rental lease, vehicle registration, bank statement, etc.)
- If you live outside of our service area, but still within the River Bend Community School District, you may be eligible for a Non-Resident Card. Please ask library staff for details or see our Registration Policy for Resident and Non-Resident Patron.