Schmaling Memorial Public Library appreciates the donation of hard back or paperback books, fiction and non-fiction. We can use books that are new or in good condition. We are also grateful for unabridged audio-books on CD, music CD’s, DVD’s, and Wii games. However, we have very limited storage space. We ask that you please call ahead, and if the item(s) do(es) not fit our donation criteria, we will ask that you consider donating it to another library or thrift store in the area, i.e., the Salvation Army, etc. Items that are unusable will be discarded, donated or sold.
We cannot accept:
- Encyclopedia sets or other reference books
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Textbooks over 9 years old
- Technical books
- Books that are mildewed, water-stained, yellowed, missing covers or otherwise damaged
- VHS tapes
- Audio cassettes
- Books published by magazines (Time-Life, Better Homes and Gardens, Taste of Home, etc.)
Please do not leave donations in the book drop.
Approved by Schmaling Memorial Public Library Board of Trustees 1/13/04, Revised 5/16/16