Schmaling Memorial Public Library will now be accepting book donations YEAR ROUND!!
The Library will send donated books that will not be added to our collection to Better World Books who will then sort and sell items through over 50 marketplace channels. The Library earns a commission for each item that we send in that is sold through Better World Books. You can help the Library earn that commission by donating your gently used books to the Library. So please, bring us your gently used books, DVDs, and CDs. If you have a large collection of materials to donate (more than one box), please call the Library before simply dropping your donation off. Arrangements may need to be made for large donations, so we ask that you give us time to prepare sufficient space/staff to handle the materials.
We will be accepting a lot of materials, but here is a list of items we will not accept:
• Excessively worn materials (books with broken spines, ripped covers, and/or missing pages, scratched/broken media discs, books with mold/mildew, etc.)
• Books published by magazines (such as Time-Life or Reader’s Digest Condensed Books)
• Audio cassettes, VHS tapes, LP records, computer software
• Activity books
• Reference material over 5 years old (dictionaries, thesauruses, etc.)
• Magazines, journals, and other periodicals
• Directories/telephone books
• College textbooks published more than 10 years ago (textbooks with a publication date of 2006 or later will be accepted)
• Books published in non-Western script