Think you’re the next big thing in somg writing? Now is the time to show us your stuff! We’ve decided that it’s high time your library had a theme song. Now we need your help!
Here are the rules:
- Anyone who is entered in the one of the library’s Summer Reading Programs may enter this song writing contest (Preschool – 5th Grades, Young Adults, or Adults).
- You may enter as individuals or as a team of up to 4 (all members of the team must be registered for one of the Summer Reading Programs).
- You must write one 4 – line verse and one 4 – line chorus to the tune of “Yankee Doodle Dandy.”
- The song must be about Schmaling Memorial Public Library (you may refer to it as such, or just Schmaling, or Fulton Library).
- Entries must be received at the circulation desk by 1:00pm, June 27th.
- A panel of judges will review the songs and pick three finalists.
- From July 6th – 24th, library patrons will vote on their favorite theme song from among the three finalists.
- We will tally the votes and notify the winner by July 31st.
- If you win, your song will be adopted as the official Schmaling Memorial Public Library Theme Song. The individual or team whose song is chosen will receive a prize package AND we will record you singing your theme song (if you’re shy, however, we’ll just make Britni Hartman, our director, sing it) to share on our website and Facebook page.