This position is part-time (3-6 hours per week) and will consist primarily of evening hours with a spot in the Saturday rotation (once a month). Additional hours may be added to the schedule on an as-needed basis.
Salary: $8.25 per hour
- Working the Circulation Desk, including checking materials in and out, renewing materials, searching the online catalog and library catalog for materials, placing holds, answering incoming calls, registering patrons, issuing library cards, collecting fines, faxing, and photocopying.
- Assisting patrons in the use of the library and its equipment
- Processing interlibrary loan deliveries
- Processing new materials
- Assisting with library programs
- High School Diploma/Equivalency Required
- Excellent people and customer-service skills.
- Ability to alphabetize and sort in numerical order.
- Ability to communicate library policies to patrons in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to navigate and search the internet.
- Ability to assist patrons with navigating and searching the internet.
- Must be able to stand, reach, bend, stoop, and lift 25-50 pounds.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Word, internet, and email systems.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Publisher, and Power Point encouraged.
- Library experience encouraged.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must respect patron confidentiality and follow library policies.
- Must have a basic understanding of library organization.
Schmaling Memorial Public Library District is seeking a responsible and friendly individual to become part of Schmaling’s staff. We’re looking for a library aide who will be ready to interact with, assist, and direct patrons while working the circulation desk. Additional duties also include: shelving materials, assisting with library programs, processing library materials, and performing computer updates. This position is part-time: 3-6 hours per week.
Interested parties may fill out an application at the Library.
Application deadline is April 7.