Borrowing and Length of Loans
Patrons must present a valid library card to library staff each time they wish to borrow materials. Duplicate Cards will be issued for a fee of $1 multiplied by the number of times the card has been replaced (i.e if the card is being replaced for the second time, it will cost $2; for the third, $3; etc.).
- Be a patron in “Good Standing” at their local library. This means that they have fines under $5.00. Patron accounts with fines over $5.00 will be suspended until the account is cleared.
- Library staff will stamp the due date on each item borrowed. Note: All items have 2-week circulation period, EXCEPT videos (1 week).
- Patrons may renew any item twice only. Items may be renewed in person, by phone, email, or through the patron’s online account.
- Overdue items will be assessed .10 per day/per item, from two days the item is due until it is returned or renewed (a one-day grace period will be extended for all overdue items), for a maximum fine of $10.00 per item. Books, magazines, audio-books, and CDs may be returned in the book return located at the west entrance. DVDs, games, puppets, and puzzles must be returned inside the library.
- When checking out materials for the first time, new patrons may check out a total of two items.
The Schmaling Memorial Public Library District circulates materials in a variety of formats. The following terms of loan are applicable as indicated:
|Format||Length of Loan||# Checked Out at a Time||Renewals|
|Reference||In-library use only||n/a||n/a|
|Local History||In-library use only||n/a||n/a|
Approved by Schmaling Memorial Public Library Board of Trustees 10/14/09, modified 9/19/16, effective 10/20/16
Fees & Fines
Copies: $0.25 per page for black/white, $0.50 per page for color.
Fax Transmission: $1.00 for the first page, $0.25 per each additional page. Faxes are sent only within the continental United States. The cover sheet is excluded from the per page fee if the fax is more than one page in length.
Fax Receipt: Patrons may not receive materials faxed to the library.
Computer Printouts: $0.25 per page for black/white, $0.50 for color. This fee applies to all material printed by library printers including, but not limited to, internet downloads, CD-ROM product information, personal work, and graphics.
Disc Cleaning/Scratch Repair: $0.50 per disc (DVD or CD). The library is not responsible for any damage that may occur to a disc being cleaned/repaired with library equipment.
Internet Usage: No charge
Rental books & materials: N/A
Approved by Schmaling Memorial Public Library Board of Trustees 12/09/08, Revised 9/12/16, effective 10/20/16
Patrons may reserve materials which are not immediately available for patron use, but are in the collection of the Schmaling Memorial Public Library District or a library from which the library is able to inter-library loan materials. When the reserved materials are available to the patron who has placed the reserve, the patron will be notified via automated email, phone, or text message — whichever method is listed in the patron’s account as the preferred notification method. The patron will have six business days to pick up the reserved material. If the material is not picked up within six business days: the hold will be cancelled. The patron will be notified daily that the reserve is ready until the six business days are up.
Approved/Revised by Schmaling Memorial Public Library District Board of Trustees 10/14/09, revised 9/19/16, effective 10/20/16